Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Update

It has been a LONG time since I updated this blog. I've left it here in hopes that others struggling with infertility could read it. It is hard to believe, but infertility is no longer a focal point in my life. It will always be a part of my past but for now I'm happy to be done with it.

Here's an update on what's been going on. I have an amazing daughter (who was conceived with fertility treatments). She is almost 21 months old now & such a joy! In early June I learned that I was expecting baby #2. This was a total surprise (but awesome)! Everyone tells you that some people struggle & struggle to conceive the
1st time & then "their body learns how to do things" (I was told that alot!) I never put a whole lot of faith into that theory but definitely hoped we would not have to go through the stress of infertility again. About a month after weaning my daughter we conceived baby #2 naturally. I can't explain it and it was such a shock but we are thrilled & feel so blessed. Our second daughter is due in January & we look forward to her arrival.

I don't plan to write on this blog very often, but I do think of the many couples that are still on their family building journey. I wish you much success & happiness.

PS Feel free to continue leaving comments on the blog posts. I am still able to read them.

8 comments:

Ms. Perky said...

Congratulations! How very exciting for you and your family.

Somewhat Ordinary said...

Congratulations!! Are you due in March?

Kate @ Ex Libris said...

Yay! I'm so glad you updated! Congrats on #2 - such wonderful news. :)

Geohde said...

COngratulations, and it's good to hear an update,

x

g

Delenn said...

So glad to hear your news!! Congratulations!

Cajun Cutie said...

Congratulations on the birth of your second daughter.

Kristin said...

Hello! I know you don’t know me, but we’ve got something in common. I got your blog address off the Stirrup Queen’s blogroll and was wondering if you wouldn’t mind helping me help a couple who is trying to add a little one to their family. We’re holding a silent auction for them this weekend (Friday and Saturday) on goteamwitt.blogspot.com and need help getting the word out! We would love it if you would spread the word via social media or here on your blog. Additionally, we are always looking for more donations to auction off, so if you or someone you know might be interested in making a donation, all the information is under the donate tab. If you have any questions or would be willing to post a pre-written blog post about the auction and the sponsored couple, please contact Kristin at goteamwitt@gmail.com Thanks in advance for taking the time to consider this!

Unknown said...

I was cleaning up my blog roll and just reread your last post. I hope things with you and your family are wonderful. I understand how difficult it can be raising a family.