I'm back from another trip. I had a great time visiting my family and friends. It is so nice to be around people that you really feel comfortable with. Thanks to all of them for keeping my mind off worrying!
On Thursday morning we went to the fertility doctor. Our baby is measuring a normal size and has a good heartbeat that we could see. Also we saw little arms and legs and the baby moving. It was neat. The doctor then told us we were ready to "graduate" from their care. He told us that everything looked normal and good. He also gave us a very nice talk commending us on our strength and perserverance through all of this. It was a really nice thing to hear from a doctor. We got hugs from the doctors and nurses and were told to come back and visit. It was weird. I've been seeing these people several times a month for almost 2 years. I am so grateful to them for their help (both medically and emotionally). Now I have to go into the world of "normal" fertile people. I'm scared!!! I'm sure my OBGYN will quickly learn how nervous I am- hopefully she'll go along with it. We see her on Thursday afternoon. I don't know when I'll have another ultrasound but I sure did like getting them every week. Just when I would start worrying that something was wrong, I'd have the reassurance that everything was ok. Now I'll probably have to wait several weeks! AHHH!!!
Monday, July 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Congrats on graduating! I think it will be culture shock to be seeing a regular OB. My OB's office is so hard to get into, I've been thinking about calling mine just to give them a heads up. My RE's nurse laughed at me when I told her that and I thought "surely I'm not the only person at this huge clinic that is obsessive and Type-A." I guess the other ladies just keep it hidden a little better!
Good luck!
Congrats! I know how you feel. I wish I could stay with my RE for the whole pregnancy, too. Graduation is a step in the right direction, though!!
YEAH to you - BIG STEPS - still thinking about you often - good luck on thursday - farah
Yay on graduating. Exciting and terrifying all at the same time, right? I'm pretty sure there is no way I'm going to make it all the way til 13 weeks when my next appt is scheduled for... We'll just see! Glad things are going well,
Congratulations! I'm so glad that things are going so well for you. Best of luck on Thursday.
I'm so happy to hear that everything looks good enough for graduation, but I can so understand why it's going to be tough around the "normal" fertiles. But, hang in there. It's great news. :-)
Yes, it is wierd to graduate and go see a regular OB.
Enjoy it.
Happy graduation! Congratulations on escaping the IF prison -- imagine me on the other side of the barbed wire banging my prison-issued metal cup on the chain link fence yelling "go! go! go!"
Don't you just want to shout to the world that you really did work hard for this pregnancy? That you aren't like all the other women who just easily got knocked up and then, a couple of months later, went to see the OB?
I'd commend your strength and perseverance too. I know if I lived near my clinic, I'd not want to graduate at all.
Your fear of going into the world of "normal" people sounds very rational! What you've gone through to get to this point is not what they usually have! I hope you get an OB who really sets you at ease personally, but who pays attention to your concerns as an IF patient with a miscarriage.
Hugs to you and CONGRATS! (Dont remember if I ever said that!!!)
I think there might be some money to be made in opening up a OB/GYN practice that specialized in "post RE care OB stuff"....what do you think? Seriously-I'm on to something. That way, when you graduate from RE care, you know they'll understand your concerns and be a bit more understanding, then, say, Dr. JoSchmo who sees a thousand pregnant bellies a day?
Post a Comment