Thursday, April 19, 2007

day 1

My period is here and it is officially day 1. We have a doctor's appt. on Monday. I told the receptionist I needed a "sit-down-and-figure-out a plan" appt. I also told her to throw in an ovary check for the fun of it. So with another month of fun medical procedures I thought it would be appropiriate to quote a book I read to my class today:

"Dr. Gourd and Mr. Mellon were the finest scientific minds in the land. Once again, Camilla was poked and prodded, looked at and listened to. The experts wrote down lots of numbers. Then they huddled together and whispered. 'We'll call you when we know something.' But the experts didn't have a clue, much less a cure...She was swamped with all kinds of remedies from psycologists, allergists, herbalists, nutritionists, psychics, an old medicine man, a guru, and even a veterinarian."
~ A Bad Case of the Stripes by David Shannon

You know you have a one track mind when you think a children's book has hidden fertility messages...

4 comments:

elfstone326 said...

Haha! I don't know, I think it may really mean that!

JW said...

Can I make an appt. with Dr. Guard or Mr. Mellon? Maybe they'll have a clue he he...

e said...

i love that book. :)

hope548 said...

I can find infertility in almost anything!