Well, I have to say that I am so happy to have people reading this. It's sort of weird to put your innermost thoughts out there for everyone to read. Would you have opened up your diary and left it for all to read at 13? Doubtful. I appreciate all those who I already know reading this. Thank you for caring! I am also amazed by how supported I feel already by my fellow TTCs. Thank you, thank you, thank you for reading and leaving comments. I don't feel alone! Please feel free to add me to your frequently-read lists. I apologize for this blanket blog to all who have read but I can't figure out how to reply to the comments people leave. Can anyone help? I read EVERY comment left so please know that I am not ignoring you if I don't reply back- I just can't figure the technology out! Oh one other question- is it blogger etiquette to ask permission before putting a link to someone's blog? I found so many I liked that I just started adding them. :)
I'm still twiddling my thumbs and waiting for a period. I took my last Provera pill yesterday so it is just a matter of time. For once I just want it to come so that we can start a new cycle. We're going to sit down and have a talk with the doc about next steps. I'm a little worried I'll have to have another dye x-ray (hysterosalpingiogram?) Hopefully instead the doctor will present some perfect cure and we will forage ahead... HA!!
And now a few stories (that probably only fellow infertiles will appreciate):
1. One of my 2nd grade students recently asked me why I didn't have children. It made me cringe and stumble for an answer. Luckily another child came to my rescue and answered for me, "She doesn't need kids- her cat are her children!" I do love that kid (and my cats for that matter)....
2. I saw a pregnant woman today. She was VERY pregnant. Like 9 months pregnant. I literally held my hand up to my face as I walked past her so I couldn't see her belly! When I got into her line of view I just pretended to scratch my temple. Now, while I realize this was very immature and rude, I have to say that it did make me laugh. Hiding from a beautiful, glowy pregnant woman- I guess that is what this process does to you.
I was relieved that my coworker did not announce her pregnancy at our staff meeting today. She 100% deserves to be pregnant but I thought I might break down and cry while everyone else clapped. Thank you dear coworker, I know you understand.
Alright folks, thanks for listening. Keep reading, keep leaving comments- It really helps!
PS I also can't figure out how to use spell check (hence the poor spelling)
Wednesday, April 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Wow, you have turned me into an obsessive blog-checking psycho! I check your blog twice a day on days you post and five times or more on days you don't...what's happening to me?? I'm almost embarrassed to admit that. Thanks for making it so great to read!
P.S. I found a spelling mistake and deleted my comment, not realizing it would show I did that. Sort of defeats the purpose! Sorry.
love you!!
In a very twisted way, I love that you held your hand up to avoid looking at the enormously pg woman. I've closed my eyes before, but your approach seems a lot safer.
Not sure about the blog etiquette. Someone asked me if it was ok to post my blog on their site, so I've been doing so since then. But I haven't gone back to ask people that I already had on there. I think it's probably ok to just do it and if people have a beef with you, they'll let you know.
Some people ask, I never have. If I find one I like, I link, but I suppose it's more polite to ask. I noticed that you linked to me, and I'm totally cool with that! My blog hasn't been terribly infertility related lately, but it is from time to time, and we're over 4 years ttc.
Also, if you want to respond to comments, you pretty much have two options. You can leave a comment on your own blog, just like leaving one on someone else's and assume they'll check back for responses. Or you can just leave a comment on the blogs of those who leave comments on yours to respond. The blanket post works too!
By the way I like your title. I'm totally with you on the pregnant people in public. Sometimes my husband will spot them first and tell me not to look that way! Anyway, I'm glad you're now among the ranks of those finding some solace in the wide world of blogging!
Take care.
Post a Comment