Thursday, May 10, 2007

drop boxes?!

I just read something about Japanese hospitals adding drop boxes for unwanted babies. WHAT?!? I understand that this is so the babies are safe but it just baffles my mind. How ironic that I am doing everything possible to have babies and people around the world are abandoning them. It breaks my heart. That's where the world proves that things just don't work out fairly.

That reminds me though, that there are children all over the world that need loving families. Maybe I'm supposed to adopt? Honestly I wouldn't be ready for that process until I had exhausted all other options, but I have to remember that it is an option (although not one my husband is ready to discuss). I hope I am explaining this carefully as I don't mean to in anyway offend moms with adopted children. If I can not have a biological child I can still fulfill my dream of a family. Somewhere in this universe my babies exist.

And now a random subject change. I love my new hammock. Today was 80 degrees, clear blue sky, with a perfect breeze. I laid outside and read ('A Little Pregnant" by Linda Carbone and Ed Decker- it's good). I was so relaxed, swaying in the breeze and watching the green leaves wave up above me. I actually fell asleep out there! Good gift idea Dad- I love it!

One final random thought before I go check on my blogger friends.
Grey's Anatomy just showed a male couple that was about to effortlessly adopt. They said "I guess it isn't that hard to have a baby." I sucked in my breath so sharply when I heard that comment. WHAT DO YOU MEAN ITS NOT HARD?!? IT'S A WONDER THE WORLD IS POPULATED!!! stupid tv....

1 comment:

Ann said...

Hey there, of course you can add my link to your blog! And I'll do the same for you. I'm jealous of your hammock. Some friends have a hammock in front of their house, which is across the street from a lake. It was so beautiful sitting there at sunset the other night...

Alas, however, the beautiful weather is not to last in my neck of the woods. It's supposed to be a high of 60 tomorrow. Oh well--at least I won't be sweltering hot while planting my flowers.