When I say "us" I am referring to those of us who are or have suffered from infertility. We are forever jaded by this experience of not being able to conceive easily. The "them" are quite the opposite. They reproduce effortlessly and complain about just how fertile they are.
Today at the dentist it was us VS. them.
I was sort of looking forward to going to the dentist. How exciting to not have to drop my pants for a doctor! Then the hygenist greeted me... and she was pregnant. "Be nice" I told myself, "don't hate the player, hate the game" (hey, that saying actually works!). She asked if I was taking any new meds. I updated her about the bravelle, hcg, progesterone and felt an awkward silence creep into the room. Nervously she said "Geez, you're having all these problems and here I am popping out and thinking 'oops, this wasn't supposed to happen again!'. Enter my scary eye. I play along and say "again huh? how many do you already have?" Three she tells me, "but when you've already got 3, what's one more?" Yeah, at that point I was done chit-chatting.
If it is physically possible to scowl during a teeth cleaning, I think I was.
Thursday, May 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
21 comments:
You should have bit her finger while it was in your mouth.
What an asshole. So sorry you had to deal with her. I'm with Susan - a nice chomp on the finger was well-deserved. Stupid beotch!
You should have used some of the dental tools on her. People can be so insensitive. Sorry you had to deal with such a yahoo.
I would've had to pop her one. Sorry, I know it's wrong since she's "with child" an' all but that's just so insensitive and ignorant.
What a dingle-head.
Grrrr.
Love your blog name by the way!
What a blatant lack of insight. Absolutely unbelievable. Find another dentist.
Not so much fun.
There nos safe plane .. they are everywhere!!!!!!!!!! well said don't hate the player, hate the game" ... I try to remember it next that that SIL complaing one more time because she is Pg, again... # 3
Oh good lord, is there no sanctuary?!?
Booooo! I'm just gonna say "ditto" to Anns...Mean dental hygienists' stink!
I think I'd have probably been tempted to bite her finger too.
What an imbecile of a woman. "Whats one more hey??"
Sigh.
Yeah, you know, what's one more.....one more JERK, that is!!
Ugh. My fav comment was when I was getting an HSG done and the tech said, "Can you believe what people will do just to have a baby! Wow, did you ever think our utereuses would be such a hot commodity?" Um, right, you big fat cow. Do you know why I'm here?
Oh my goodness...I would have accidentally spit out my mouth wash on her....
Oh how familiar was this scene! If I had a dollar for every time I encountered a pregnant women who found just the *wrong* thing to say, I'd have enough money to buy a lifetime of IVF treatments. Just wanted you to know that I was scowling along with you ...
Ugh. Although, to be fair, she was probably trying to think of the right thing to say, and ended up saying EXACTLY the wrong thing.
I love 'hate the game, not the player'. Very good! It's unfortuante some people are so ignorant!! I love the graphics for your blog name, by the way!
i KNEW i hated the dentist for a reason....
I loved your line, "They reproduce effortlessly and complain about just how fertile they are." That is so true! The closest thing I had to a friend who "understood" about my infertility mentioned casually to me that her sister-in-law was expecting again, and that they were frustrated that they were always pregnant. I grimaced and said something along the lines of how I wished I had that problem. She was like, "I don't know what's worse, though...not being able to conceive or conceiving every time you have sex. I mean, that pressure can't be good for your sex life." Poor them.
Ugh. Annoying! Could they just keep their bitching to themselves!
Post a Comment