Thursday, May 17, 2007

Magic 8 Ball

The doctor visit went well today. My ovaries are happy and contain no cysts which means we can start meds again. On Saturday I'll start the Bravelle injections again and then go back for a follicle check next weds.

Before consulting the doctor today I consulted a magic eight ball. One of my students brought it in and I was instantly drawn to it. I used to love magic 8 balls. Once my friend & I dissected one to see what the piece inside looked like. I was thinking that if this one didn't answer my questions as I wanted, it might meet a similar fate.

And now, my conversation with the magic 8 ball:
me: Magic 8 ball, will I have children?
8ball: it is certain
me: Will I get pregnant next month?
8ball: you can count on it
me: Will I get pregnant by IUI?
8ball: not likely
me: Will I get pregnant by IVF?
8ball: You can count on it
me: any chance of multiples?
8ball: you may rely on it.

So that is my hope for this month. I will get pregnant because a plastic toy told me so.

And if I don't, I'm coming for that magic 8 ball with a hammer.

11 comments:

dmarie said...

I'm so glad your visit went well. LOL about the magic ball. You're brave to ask it q's. I'd be too nervous it would give me an answer I didn't like...lol

Susan said...

I had a magic 8 ball in my dream last week! Nothing really happened with it... I just remember seeing it and thinking, "hey, wow, a magic 8 ball, haven't seen one of those in a while."
I'm glad it gave you such great answers.

TeamWinks said...

Love that toy! Check out this picture I found a while back...

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k138/thewaitingwomb/eightball.jpg

Ann said...

Hmm, pregnant next month, but by IVF. Yes, the plastic toy is definitely reliable!

Did you see the "Sex in the City episode where Charlotte went to the fortune-teller and was told she would never have children? She decided the whole thing was bunk. :)

Kate said...

Congrats on your healthy ovaries! I, too, love the Magic 8 Ball!

Unknown said...

Matthew M. F. Miller says:

One time my magic 8 ball told me that I'd be rich by the time I'm 30. I've got another 1-1/2 years, and if it doesn't happen, I'll join you with my hammer.

Good site, BTW.

Laura, the (reluctant) baroness said...

Maybe my old RE was using a magic 8 ball. That would explain A LOT.

AwkwardMoments said...

I have been lurkin on your page for the past couple days - reading the old post, playing catch up. thank you for sharing your story. I am scheduled for bravelle in a few months.

Anns said...

Hmm, I say trust the black ball. At this point I'd say we should put our faith in anything out there we can get to. Good luck!

Anns xo

Baby Blues said...

The magic 8 ball is such an 80's gadget. I miss having one around.

Erin said...

I just had to comment to say how much I LOVE the crossed fingers to flipping off graphic. So so perfect!!